Historical goods shed
In the course of several conversion and extension buildings at the marshalling yard Chemnitz Hilbersdorf 1916/17 also the goods shed was built, in order to be able to do justice to the growing general cargo traffic in the area Hilbersdorf / Ebersdorf.
Construction started on 04.09.1916. The goods shed got its own ramp track. Other tracks served a separate top and side loading ramp. The road connection of the loading roads took place via the entrance to the Chemnitz-Hilbersdorf depot to Frankenberger Straße.
On 30.10.1917 the goods shed could be handed over to its purpose.
The construction costs amounted to 32,655 marks. The goods shed was used as such until the mid-50s. Gradually, a conversion was carried out as a storage room. As a result of failure to maintain the buildings decayed rapidly. With the decommissioning of the marshalling yard Chemnitz-Hilbersdorf the building was de facto left to nature in 1996.
In October 2016, the registered association Eisenbahnfreunde "Richard Hartmann" Chemnitz managed to buy the building and thus save it from complete ruin.